Forum Discussion

Preet_pk
Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus
Feb 04, 2022
Solved

Pool Member with FQDN

HI,

i am facing one issue.

Backend server node ip address is dynamic. Tried configuring FQDN node, node stauts is showing up but  ip resolution is not refreshed (TTL is set to 3600 -default). Also i am not able to call this FQDN node in pool as it is alerting auto populate to enabled & if auto populate is enabled "auto_node" status is showing off line & pool status is also going offline.

Please share the configuration steps for pool member with FQDN - seems i am configuring it in wrong way.

• Hi Preet_pk ,

Configuration steps for FQDN type node creation is pretty straight forward as shown in the attached snap. Once it is created you can add this node e.g. abc.com under desired pool. That's it! Here you can also customize internal for the specified node.

Note- When you keep auto-populate as enabled,  the system queries the DNS server for FQDN information at the interval provided in the node configuration and updates the node and pool member list with the information from A and AAAA type records provided in the DNS response. 

Hope it helps!

4 Replies

• Hi Preet_pk ,

Configuration steps for FQDN type node creation is pretty straight forward as shown in the attached snap. Once it is created you can add this node e.g. abc.com under desired pool. That's it! Here you can also customize internal for the specified node.

Note- When you keep auto-populate as enabled,  the system queries the DNS server for FQDN information at the interval provided in the node configuration and updates the node and pool member list with the information from A and AAAA type records provided in the DNS response. 

Hope it helps!

Preet_pk

Hi Mayur,

Thanks for the update.

Just want to check one more thing - for fast resolution in F5 for FQDN is it recommended to set TTL to 5 min instead of default 3600sec

Preet_pk

Hi,

Thanks for the update.

Created FQDN type node for testing - FQDN node is showing green & all Ephemeral node status is showing as unknown (blue).

But once i assign this node to pool  & assign HTTPS monitor to pool member - Pool status is going down & even Ephemeral node status is showing down.

Same behaviour if i apply HTTPS montor in FQDN node - all Ephemeral node status is going down.

Please let me know, if i am missing any setting while applying FQDN node to pool?

Preet_pk

Hi,

Please ignore above query - got solution. HTTPS outbound traffic was getting dropped in perimeter firewall.

Thanks