Forum Discussion

Nerajyadv
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jul 21, 2020

Not able to access websites through VIP

Hello Mates,

looking for your help in setting up F5 LTM !

i created a test lab for F5 LTM and trying to configure virtual server to accessing the web sites.

i configured the pool and added web servers(IP only not fqdn) and created VIP to access the pool . everything looks fine and green but i am not able to access the websites using VIP . Although if i directly access the websites then websites are accessible but i am not able to access websites through VIP(Virtual server), i am pretty new to F5 LTM So can you guys please help me to get this fix.

Rgards

Neeraj

1 Reply

• Hello,

First, you can check basic things like if your VIP and Pool are getting hits. If you are seeing hits under statistics, you can check below points. Also i am considering that you have crated standard type of VIP.

1. If VIP is having http profile configured.
    2. Whats the gateway of your backend pool member/web-server? If it is not F5 and if you do not have SNAT enabled on VIP then this will cause asymmetric routing issue. To overcome this issue, either change gateway of web-server to F5 or set SNAT option to auto-map on the VIP.
    3. If website is configured on secure ports, make sure proper client and/or server SSL profiles are configured properly.

Mayur