Forum Discussion

ErikM
Icon for Altocumulus rankAltocumulus
Feb 09, 2022
Solved

Native SNI support for Health Monitoring

Hi all, Back in 2018 i was wondering why there was no native Bigd process based SNI support in Health Monitoring. It turned out that the only way to achive this was with the help of the famous exter...
    Feb 10, 2022

I have tried this in the past on v13.x 🙂 and it showed unexpected behaviours. The in-tmm monitoring was brought up and it caused multiple other pools to go down. Later investigation showed that it consumed huge memory as the version was having a bug. So we turned it off and sticked back to external monitor.

Also to note, if once upgrades from v11 to v13, the upgry process by default appends a SSL profile to the monitor. So need to make sure they remove those profiles or add right profile before turning on in-tmm monitoring.

I'm sure with the latest bug fixes, it should be stable, make sure your infra is on that version. Don't start off with the production and later have a face palm 😉

Feb 14, 2022

Hi ErikM,
    On my part, I use In-TMM monitoring on a version v14.x to be able to use Authenticate Name option on Server SSL profile to perform a CN check of the backend server certificates
    No problem for the past 2 years, it's stable and does the job well 🙂