We have 3 devices and 3 servers where each Device maintains 1 TCP conn with a Server.
We need to setup Irule to maintain following failback:
- each Device needs to be connected to separate server if all 3 servers are healthy
- if 1 server fails, particular device will be reconnected to another server so that server will handle 2 TCP connections
- after failed server comes back, we need to resume 1:1 situation
This would require to track the healh status of each server and kill the recently relocated connection so the device reinitiates new connection and 1:1 state is reestablished.
- if 1 server fails, particular device will be reconnected to another server so that server will handle 2 TCP connectionsi am thinking to use table and node command i.e. recording client and server mapping in table and using node command to direct traffic to specific server.
- after failed server comes back, we need to resume 1:1 situationmay we delete existing connection when server comes back?
Acton on Log - using the alertd deamon
Nitass, could we not use the CLIENT_DATA event and your table and node suggestion to select each time data is received. If this is (card/payment) authorisation traffic I expect everything for a transaction to be contained in one packet.