Forum Discussion

jordjw_46323
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Dec 19, 2012

Lync 2010 Mobility Sign-in not working from external

Hi All

Hoping someone out there can help me out with this issue...

I have a Lync 2010 deployment using the LTM to load balance traffic to the FE servers as per the Lync Server 2010 (2012_03_15) deployment guide. We haven't deployed Director Servers.

Using autodiscover, mobile clients coming in over 3G (or any external network) attempt to connect to https://lyncexternal.myDomain.com. I can see the traffic coming in via the F5's and hitting the FE servers as expected. However! The client can't log in - the user is presented the message " Can't sign in. Check your account information and try again" - the account information is correct. Looking at the Diagnostic Log from the mobile app, I see a 401 response from my Front End Lync Server with "Access is denied due to invalid credentials" - again, the account information is correct.

I can successfully connect to the mobile app on our internal wifi network, using exactly the same cred's and still using autodiscover - however this traffic doesn't go via the F5, it is direct to one of the FE servers (for testing - same results if the wifi traffic is passed via the F5).

Has anyone encountered this issue before? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

thanks!

Jordan

16 Replies