Forum Discussion

qso
Icon for Employee rankEmployee
Sep 29, 2022

Issue and Inquiry on AS3 - The deleted pool member still exist after deleting on GUI

I first deploy a simple HTTP application using AS3  (with 2 pool members A and B) , then I make a change on GUI to delete a pool member B from the pool , then I make further change [PATCH] using as3, e.g. add a new pool member C  to the pool. However, the last AS3 deployment will revert my change made on GUI (i.e. the deleted pool member will be added back and now there are 3 members (A+B+C)  in the pool, but it supposes to be 2 members only (A and C) .

Is there any parameter/value I can set on AS3 body so that it will not revert the change I made on GUI?

3 Replies

• After delete pool member B from GUI, then you also have to remove as3 code for pool member B from AS3 templete. Hope you have done this?

qso

So , it means that any changes made on the GUI wouldn't affect the data/ array of AS3 template (i.e. if we update pool configurations on GUI, we must also update the config via AS3 as well )? 

qso

As after I delete the pool member B on GUI, then I simply add a new pool member C via AS3 directly as follow.

PATCH

[
        {
          "op": "add",
          "path": "xxxxxxxx/web_pool/members/-",
          "memebers":
      "Serviceport":80
      "ServerAddress": member C IP } ]