I did an ISP load balance and it worked!
But when I was looking for more applications, I failed ......
Here is my structure :
My requirement is that when my source IP is 192.168.40.0/24 network segment, I will fix to go to line A, then when line A has problems will change to line B, when line A is restored continue to go to line A, other network segment source IP, go to A or B.
So I created two virtual servers.
Source: 0.0.0.0/0 Destination: 0.0.0.0/0 Pool members: A and B
Source: 192.168.40.0/24 destination: 0.0.0.0/0 pool member: A
After establishing a good find, when the source IP is 192.168.40.0/24 network segment traffic does hit A hit, but when I close the A line, found that it will not go to B hit ...
Please advise how to solve
Any help is appreciate.
@young19918 The following articles have gone over some of this and might point you in the right direction.
Hi @young19918 ,
What are your configuration look like on Bigip.
> Do you use irule to make the Source 192.168.40.0/24 go to Link A ?
> what are the pool configuration in this virtual server :
( Source: 192.168.40.0/24 destination: 0.0.0.0/0 pool member: A)
Do you use a pool has only " pool member A " if you do this , it's normal to see this behavior , and you should add pool member B to the pool that attached to "192.168.40.0/24 destination: 0.0.0.0/0" .
and you use another powerful way without irules to make the connections go to Pool member A , and when it fails connections will go to pool member B.
and when Pool member A returns UP , the Connection will return back to pool member A.
This Powerful feature called : Priority Group Activation ( PGA ) on pool.
So now you Plan of action (POA) :
1) Create pool contains two members ( Pool member A , B ).
2) enable Priority Group activation on this pool , and use this Article :
3) attach this pool to the Virtual server that hosts source ( 192.168.40.0/24).
4) Test your implementation , by monitor that all traffic goes to Pool member A and then if Pool Member A disabled/Down , the new traffic will be directed to Pool member B , and if pool member A become up the new connections will go to pool member A again.
Piece of Configuration :
1) enable Priority group activation.
2) give Pool member A >>> 10 for example and give pool member B >>> 5 for example.
3) Select Less Than >>> 1
Test it and let me know