Forum Discussion

aali86
Icon for Altostratus rankAltostratus
Aug 28, 2022

irule

Dear Experts,

I have to redirect  URL abc.com to xyz.com . once it is reach to xyz.com user fill the survey form and submit then it will redirect to abc.com it is implement by application side. however if the HTTP header referer is xyz.com it should not redirect if it doesn't macth it should redirect

How to implement this on irule

6 Replies

• Hi aali86,

Please try this irules for replace response content,

when HTTP_REQUEST {
    STREAM::disable
    HTTP::header remove "Accept-Encoding"
    }
    }

when HTTP_RESPONSE {
    STREAM::expression {@abc.com@xyz.com@}
    STREAM::enable
    }

Find more information: cloud-ttrust 

aali86

Hi T-Trust

I hope you understood my query unfortuntly i don't have  UAT enviroment 

T-Trust
        Icon for Cirrostratus rankCirrostratus

Hi aali86,

So i think if all traffic that go to abc.com redirect to xyz.com and click the submit button, then application server response back to the client with content code that include abc.com, We can replace domain before sent to users, Please confirm about my understand

cloud-ttrust 

• It is not clear what you want to do here - you need to explain the technical detail more.

• Do you want to replace the Location header in a redirect?
    • Where does the Referer HTTP header come in?
    • Do you want to rewrite content sent from the backend server?

If you can explain what you actually want to do, it should be simple enough to write an iRule. If you are not sure, maybe contact F5 Professional Services who can discuss your options, write an iRule, demonstrate it, etc 

aali86

Hello Pete,

Sorry, I was stuck in different activities hence i am unable to reply to your message.

When user trying to access test1.abc.com it is should redirect to xyz.abc.com.

Then, user will fill survey for which is made by sharepoint once user submit the survey. then sharepoint redirect to test1.abc.com. if the referrer match with xyz.abc.com for test1.abc.com should not redirect i mean should not causing the issue.

PeteWhite
        Icon for Employee rankEmployee

Maybe try this

when HTTP_REQUEST {
          if { [HTTP::host] == "test1.abc.com && ! [HTTP::has_responded] && [HTTP::header Referer] == "xyz.com"} {
            HTTP::redirect "xyz.com"
          }
        }

If not, I suggest you contact F5 Professional Services