Forum Discussion

Saul_Andres_Riv
Icon for Altostratus rankAltostratus
Jan 14, 2021
Solved

HTTPS health monitor with POST TMOS 13

Hello. I am trying to configure the following POST monitor but it is not working.   --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...
    Feb 15, 2021

Hi,  

Thanks for your help.

It was not necessary to apply an external monitor (which I was concerned about a reported vulnerability)

With F5 Support, the following could be validated:

"HTTP monitors with POST typically fail when the Content-Length header is incorrect, which makes the receiving side parser out of sync with the sender - I can see a hint of why it was miscounted.

The command line:

-H Content-Type: 'application/xml;charset=ISO8859-1' -d '<TCFX> <HeaderRq TRNUID=....

Indicates the post data (-d) is starting directly with the < character, however, in the configuration, and in the logs, there's still an extra space:

Content-Type: application/xml;charset=ISO8859-1\

\

<TCFX> <HeaderRq ...

^???

This space is also visible in the logs:

[0][13255] 2021-01-14 10:29:33.071367: ID 1151 :(_send_active_service_ping): writing ....xml; charset=ISO8859-1\x0d\x0a\x0d\x0a <TCFX> <He

^???

The (successful) POST seem to be indeed 431 bytes long, however, the monitor as configured seem to contain an additional space making the body 432 bytes long"

So, I just removed the extra space before <TCFX> and it worked