Forum Discussion

Apr 13, 2020
Solved

how many concurrency rest api request LTM,GTM can support

how many concurrency  rest api request LTM,GTM can support . I want to user a script to retrieve all the pool (name, member , monitor) configuration . or if there is a url that can retrieve all the configure at one time .

Dario_Garrido
    Apr 14, 2020

Another approach would be start without limits and check if your REST queries are being degraded (slow time of response because they are being queued, no response at all because you have reached iControlREST protection limit). It's up to you.

In production traffic I would rather the previous option.

If this has been helpful, please don't forget to mark the question as 'the best' of give some upvotes.

KR,

Dario.

3 Replies

• Hello caulfiedd spurred.

It's impossible to respond to this question precisely.

F5 uses iControl Rest Daemon (icrd) process to manage those queries, which runs on the controlplane cores (in case you have hyperthreding enabled).

REF - https://support.f5.com/csp/article/K15003

The numbers of queries depends on the status of your controlplane resources. That means that "more alleviated resources" are equally to "more REST queries" (and less time in queues).

F5 also has a protection system that allows its to protect CPU/memory resources when too many REST queries are receiving.

REF - https://support.f5.com/csp/article/K22255547

So, my recommendation is to start sending queries gradually and monitor the CPU status.

KR,

Dario.

Dario_Garrido
        Icon for MVP rankMVP

Another approach would be start without limits and check if your REST queries are being degraded (slow time of response because they are being queued, no response at all because you have reached iControlREST protection limit). It's up to you.

In production traffic I would rather the previous option.

If this has been helpful, please don't forget to mark the question as 'the best' of give some upvotes.

KR,

Dario.