Forum Discussion

taylan
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jun 02, 2020

Ha proxy for redis server health monitor

I have done creating health monitor with following steps previous topic about ha proxy for redis server as below but pool member's didnt come up somehow. I got tcpdump file and there is no packet about health monitor . at least i couldnt find . im stucked.

i created health monitors manually also i created with tmsh command which was shared below. there was nothing changed even tough both monitor same.

how can i see where i am wrong?

STEP 1: Create the first monitor Note: The send and recieve strings should be configured as Send String: AUTH mypass PING Receive String: PONG

Configure the monitor from Configuration Utility

1. Navigate to Local Traffic ›› Monitors ›› Click Create
  2. Select the Type as TCP
  3. Enter the name "tcp_monitor_ping_redis"
  4. Enter Send Sting as AUTH mypass\r\nPING\r\n
  5. Enter Recieve String as PONG 
  6. Click Finish
  7. Assign the newly configured monitor to the pool.

Configure the monitor from TMSH Utility

# tmsh create ltm monitor tcp tcp_monitor_ping_redis { adaptive disabled defaults-from tcp destination *:* interval 5 ip-dscp 0 recv PONG recv-disable none send "AUTH mypass\r\nPING\r\n" time-until-up 0 timeout 16 }

STEP 2: Create the second monitorNote: The send and recieve strings should be configured as Send String: AUTH mypass info replication Receive String: role:master

Send String: AUTH mypass info replication

Receive String: role:master

Configure the monitor from Configuration Utility

1. Navigate to Local Traffic ›› Monitors ›› Click Create 
  2. Select the Type as TCP  
  3. Enter the name "tcp_monitor_role_redis" 
  4. Enter Send Sting as AUTH mypass\r\ninfo replication\r\n 
  5. Enter Receive String role:master
  6. Click Finish
  7. Assign the newly configured monitor to the pool.

Configure the monitor from TMSH Utility

# tmsh create ltm monitor tcp tcp_monitor_role_redis { adaptive disabled defaults-from tcp destination *:* interval 5 ip-dscp 0 recv role:master recv-disable none send "AUTH mypass\r\ninfo replication\r\n" time-until-up 0 timeout 16 }

No RepliesBe the first to reply