Forum Discussion

Thomas_McLean_1
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Apr 24, 2013

GTM losing management IP address

Guys,

Got a problem with our GTM's that are newly setup - I've noticed that randomly the management IP address is lost - however we can connect to the unit via the self-ip's and reapply the address but then when you go back to see the address its disappeared. The devices haven't went live yet so if there is a code fix we would be happy to upgrade.

We are running 11.3.0 HF3 at the moment - I've looked through for bugs but can't see anything...

Has anyone came across this issue previously?

Cheers,

Thomas.

5 Replies

• when trying to apply the IP address on the mgmt port again I am getting the following error:

01020037:3: The requested management route (/Common/default) already exists.
    Hamish
    Icon for Cirrocumulus rankCirrocumulus
    You doing this at the command line or the GUI or both (Obviously that error is from the CLI)...

FWIW The only time I've seen that error message is on the CLI when I hadn't specified all the parameters to an attempt to add a route using tmsh...

H
  • Hi Hamish,

The work carried out was via the gui and that is where that error message came from. I have't configured any mgmt ip's via the CLI as yet...

I may try again and if it happens again we shall raise a case with F5

Thanks
  • Is there must to input management route ? Isn't only management ip and subnet is enough?
    Hamish
    Icon for Cirrocumulus rankCirrocumulus
    The management route is used by the host (non tmm connections) to make (initiate) outbound connections... If it's not there then your outbound connections will use the TMM default route... if that doesn't exist, then you don't get connections being made out form the GTM.

So it depends on what you want really. If the default rote already exists, try adding the management IP by itself on the CLI using tmsh.

H