Forum Discussion

randms26_178300
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Nov 25, 2014

F5 BIG-IP LTM pool no outbound traffic

Hello, I am trying to setup a new virtual server (port 80) on F5 BIG-IP. I can ping the VIP and all its member IP. I can ping to the self IP of the F5 from the member server. Service is http and it's running normaly when I'm accessing the server directly, but it gave me a blank page if I access it using the VIP.

When I check the pool statistics, it shows bits & packet IN but no bits & packets OUT. I am totally new into this BIG-IP thing, can someone please guide me as clear as possible of what I should do to get this working?

Thanks in advance :)

15 Replies

• can you post the virtual server and pool configuration?

tmsh list ltm virtual (name)
     tmsh list ltm pool (name

randms26_178300
      I added it on my post.. btw it's from the GUI setting. what else do you need?
  • can you post the virtual server and pool configuration?

tmsh list ltm virtual (name)
     tmsh list ltm pool (name

randms26_178300
      I added it on my post.. btw it's from the GUI setting. what else do you need?
  • virtual server configuration: type : host ip : 10.2.3.4 service port : 80 state : enabled configuration is all basic load balancing default persistence profile source_addr pool load balancing method : least connection (node) priority group : disabled member : 10.2.3.2:80 & 10.2.3.3:80 all members are all set up in ratio and prior group 1
  • can you try snat automap under virtual server setting?

randms26_178300
      cant really understand what you mean, can you be more specific in step by step? i actually dont really understand the basic F5 operation..thanks...
      nitass
      Icon for Employee rankEmployee
      in virtual server properties, configure source address translation to automap.
      Sasi2k20_322209

The above solution worked

thanks nitass

randms26_178300
      cant really understand what you mean, can you be more specific in step by step? i actually dont really understand the basic F5 operation..thanks...
      nitass_89166
      Icon for Noctilucent rankNoctilucent
      Sasi2k20_322209

The above solution worked

thanks nitass

• dear all,

thank you for your effort to help, but I managed to solve it. I dont know why but creating another self IP in same VLAN and check the floating IP options is what makes the magic possible :) I thought floating IP is used for failover between 2 BIG-IP (in my place we only use 1 BIG-IP), can someone explain about this?