Forum Discussion

Apr 12, 2021
Solved

F5 APM VPN Edge Client notifications

Hello t All,

I couldn't find if I can configured generate custom notfication popup messages on the Edge Client application for Windows. For example when the vpn is there to be a message "You VPN is down, please start it up ..." or something like that. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

SanjayP
    Apr 13, 2021

Have you explored the option of windows logon script to display a message to the user on booting up a computer? If VPN is not started at all, don't think there is anything can be set on the BIGIP end.

For personalising BIGIP Edge client appearance -

https://techdocs.f5.com/kb/en-us/products/big-ip_apm/manuals/product/apm-customization-12-0-0/8.html

4 Replies

• Can you clarify more what are you looking for?

Are you asking if message can be shown to the VPN users if they drop from the running VPN connection?

Edge client already shows the disconnected pop-up message if VPN tunnel goes down because of network/WiFi issue. ​

• But on start of the computer I don't see a popup that the VPN is not started for example if using the option "enforce Always Connected mode" to tell the clients to start the VPN after the computer boots up with a popup message as the Windows computer credentials are not used for the VPN (the option " reuse Windows logon credentials" is not enabled).

Also I wonder if I can customize the popup messages and when they are triggered?

SanjayP
        Icon for Nacreous rankNacreous

Have you explored the option of windows logon script to display a message to the user on booting up a computer? If VPN is not started at all, don't think there is anything can be set on the BIGIP end.

For personalising BIGIP Edge client appearance -

https://techdocs.f5.com/kb/en-us/products/big-ip_apm/manuals/product/apm-customization-12-0-0/8.html