cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Login & Join the DevCentral Connects Group to watch the Recorded LiveStream (May 12) on Basic iControl Security - show notes included.

External Monitor brings down pool instantly

Shirish_BasantR
Nimbostratus
Nimbostratus

Hi,

i am trying to monitor the health of elasticsearch cluster by tracking the number of nodes active in the cluster which will raise syslog with the status.

however whenever i attach the external monitor, it is bringing down all members of the pool. Could you check what is wrong with it.

################################### # Author: Shirish Basant Rai # Version 1.0 # Date: 06/03/2020 # Usage: # Change log: ###################################   #!/bin/sh pidfile="/var/run/$MONITOR_NAME.$1..$2.pid" # Send signal to the process group to kill our former self and any children #$1 and $2 are passed by default, as well as the monitor Name if [ -f $pidfile ] then kill -9 -`cat $pidfile` > /dev/null 2>&1 fi echo "$$" > $pidfile       function get_EScluster_num_from_hostname() { # # number=$(echo $1 | awk -F"-" '{print $4}' | sed 's/[^0-9]*//g') echo $number } function get_vsdcluster_num_from_hostname() { #******************************************************************************************** # this function will return the VSD cluster from the VM hostname # 1 Parameters required for this function: LINE retrieved from SYSLOG #********************************************************************************************   number=$(echo $1 | awk -F"-" '{print $3}' | sed 's/[^1-9]*//g') echo $number }   #Declare variables declare -a response declare -a Statelist declare -a Nodelist maxup=6 es1_members=3 es2_members=3   #POOL=Pool-STATSES-9200     #Get number of active members of the Pool upmembers=`tmsh show /ltm pool $POOL members |grep "Current Active Members" |awk -F" : " '{ print $2 }'` #Get the details of the pool members response="$(curl -sk -u admin:admin GET https://localhost/mgmt/tm/ltm/pool/Pool-STATSES-9200/?expandSubcollections=true | jq . -M)" #Get the Name of the pool members NodeName=$(echo ${response} | jq -M '.membersReference.items[].name' | sed -e 's/^"//' -e 's/"$//' -e 's/:9200//') #Get the state of the pool members Nodestate=$(echo ${response} | jq -M '.membersReference.items[].state' | sed -e 's/^"//' -e 's/"$//') #Get priority group of Pool members to define ES cluster NodePG=$(echo ${response} | jq -M '.membersReference.items[].priorityGroup')   #split string to list Nodelist=( $NodeName ) Statelist=( $Nodestate ) PGlist=( $NodePG )   echo "up" if [ $upmembers -lt $maxup ] then rm -f $pidfile n=0 echo "up" #then find which node is down from which cluster; need to identify the cluster from the es number for i in "${!Statelist[@]}"; do #find the vsd cluster and escluster and log which host is down for which cluster esclusterID=$(get_EScluster_num_from_hostname "${Nodelist[$i]}") vsdclusterID=$(get_vsdcluster_num_from_hostname "${Nodelist[$i]}") if [ "${Statelist[$i]}" == "down" ] then #for Active ES cluster if [ "${PGlist[$i]}" == "100" ] then # send the syslog Alarm n+=1 if [ $n -eq 1 ] then logger -p local0.error -t GENERIC-SCRIPT "ES-Cluster-Monit SCRIPT-RESULT 0 0 Active ES cluster from VSD cluster: \"${vsdclusterID}\" is in YELLOW state" elif [ $n -gt 1 ] then logger -p local0.error -t GENERIC-SCRIPT "ES-Cluster-Monit SCRIPT-RESULT 0 0 Active ES cluster from VSD cluster: \"${vsdclusterID}\" is in RED state" else [ $n == 0 ] logger -p local0.info -t GENERIC-SCRIPT "ES-Cluster-Monit SCRIPT-RESULT 0 0 Active ES cluster from VSD cluster: \"${vsdclusterID}\" is in GREEN state" fi #for Backup ES cluster else n+=1 if [ $n -eq 1 ] then logger -p local0.error -t GENERIC-SCRIPT "ES-Cluster-Monit SCRIPT-RESULT 0 0 Backup ES cluster from VSD cluster: \"${vsdclusterID}\" is in YELLOW state" elif [ $n -gt 1 ] then logger -p local0.error -t GENERIC-SCRIPT "ES-Cluster-Monit SCRIPT-RESULT 0 0 Backup ES cluster from VSD cluster: \"${vsdclusterID}\" is in RED state" else logger -p local0.info -t GENERIC-SCRIPT "ES-Cluster-Monit SCRIPT-RESULT 0 0 Backup ES cluster from VSD cluster: \"${vsdclusterID}\" is in GREEN state" fi fi fi   done echo "up" fi

1 REPLY 1

cjunior
Nacreous
Nacreous

Hello,

You should move line #9 to top #1 to script starts working.

Anyway, I can't confirm your script will work properly since you comment a variable at line #49 and you have returns (echo "up") without conditional points.

Regards.