Forum Discussion

13i
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Mar 15, 2019

Explain they snat and ssl

Hi buddy's this is rajasekar I am beginner of f5..

Cann you explain they snat and ssl concept ???. Bcz I am read struggle..

4 Replies

• SNAT:

Source Network Address Translation (source-nat or SNAT) allows traffic from a private network to go out to the internet. ... The gateway has one arm on the public network and as part of SNAT, it replaces the source IP of the originating packet with its own public side IP.

SSL on F5:

SSL offloading on F5 device relieves a Web server of the processing burden of encrypting and/or decrypting traffic sent via SSL, the security protocol that is implemented in every Web browser. The processing is offloaded to a separate device designed specifically to perform SSL acceleration or SSL termination.

Client SSL – F5 decrypts the encrypted traffic inbound from the client. (From source to F5 device) Server SSL – Traffic is re-encrypted by the F5 then routed onto the backend servers. (F5 to server)

• SNAT:

Source Network Address Translation (source-nat or SNAT) allows traffic from a private network to go out to the internet. ... The gateway has one arm on the public network and as part of SNAT, it replaces the source IP of the originating packet with its own public side IP.

SSL on F5:

SSL offloading on F5 device relieves a Web server of the processing burden of encrypting and/or decrypting traffic sent via SSL, the security protocol that is implemented in every Web browser. The processing is offloaded to a separate device designed specifically to perform SSL acceleration or SSL termination.

Client SSL – F5 decrypts the encrypted traffic inbound from the client. (From source to F5 device) Server SSL – Traffic is re-encrypted by the F5 then routed onto the backend servers. (F5 to server)