Forum Discussion

Jirka_Placatka_
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
May 12, 2017

Disable ASM signature for all cookie parameters

Hello

How can I disable a signature for all cookies only? Example - I have a cookie:

Cookie: .AspNet.ApplicationCookie1 = XGtw4WmA3N_wmXLWU22Y8m1K; .AspNet.ApplicationCookie2 = XXIPqExECpMDvp4KrXsTXMS_9asdf; .... other cookies

Names of cookies are changed, the string is a random text from ASP NET. It is false positive.

SQL-INJ Stored procedure "exec MS_" (Parameter) 200002275 Context: Cookie Detected Keywords: MS_, ExEC

My settings

If the exact parameter name is specified in the cookie and the signature is blocked then the query is enabled. This is OK.

But if I use * for any name then the query is Blocked.

How can I disable only listed signatures for all cookie parameters? Can I use * wildcard character?

Thank you for your help.

3 Replies

Tikka_Nagi_1315
    Historic F5 Account

The wildcard should work. Are you getting false positives after setting the wildcard? What is the violation that is being triggered by ASM?

• Yes there are exceptions - Are high in the text:

SQL-INJ Stored procedure "exec MS_" (Parameter) 200002275

Context: Cookie

Detected Keywords: MS_, ExEC

Only if the exact parameter name in cookie is specified the no exception is detected.

What could be the cause? Any system settings?

• This potentially looks like an ASM bug to me - which version of BIG-IP are you using?

I suggest you first try to create a bit more specific wildcard cookie like this: .AspNet.App* and try to disable the signature on it - if you are still getting SQLInjection false positives - raise a support case with F5 by emailing support@