Forum Discussion

The-messenger_1
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Nov 10, 2017

Direct to pool or VS based on logon domain

I have a login page where users can select from 2 Active Directory domains, one will get a page with a menu of options, for the other I would like to send them to a specific pool or VS, whichever is better.

What's the best way to do this?

VPE decision? Irule?

3 Replies

• DomainA is top DomainB is bottom.

Users in DomanB are directed to the VS/pool. Users in Domain should get redirected to a separate VS or redirect to a host.

The VS/Pool for DomainB is simply a landing page for SSO to other resources. Users in DomainA only have access to one of those resources, so I want to take them directly to that resource.

• You can use VPE pool assignment (from pool assign help)

Pool Assignment

In a per-session policy, the Pool Assign agent enables session-based pool selection from among valid pools in this priority order: a pool selected by an iRule that is defined for the virtual server takes precedence over any other; a static pool defined in the Pool Assign agent takes precedence over a static pool defined for the virtual server.

In a per-request policy, the Pool Assign agent enables request-based pool selection for reverse proxy (LTM+APM) configurations only. In a per-request policy, the pool specified by the Pool Assign agent is assigned.

or use an irule

when ACCESS_ACL_ALLOWED {
        if {[ACCESS::session data get session.logon.last.domain] equals Domain_A} {
            pool pool_A
        } else {
            pool pool_B
        }

• This iRule got it for me.

when HTTP_REQUEST { if {[ACCESS::session data get session.logon.last.domain] equals "domain1"} { HTTP::header replace Host "target.host.com" HTTP::redirect ";; }

}