Forum Discussion

Nathaneil0227_2
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Mar 31, 2016

Difference of resoure assign, advance resource group and AD resource group

Hi DC Experts,

May I know the difference of these three. I am having difficulties which I will use.

Here is the scenario.

I have a user that is member of multiple groups user1 member of GroupA GroupB and GroupC.

Each Group have different resources

GA = R1 and R2 GB = R3 and R4 GC = R5 and R6

My problem is that what resource type I will use if I need to add just an access portal that the user1 will see all resources and the newly added portal access.

Thank you.

-Nat

1 Reply

• Hi,

The Resource Assign is sort of a hold over from the earlier versions of APM. You used the Resource Assign along with a WebTop and Links Assign to get the assignments.

The Advanced Resource Assign was then added that allowed you to combine these two types of assignments and also give you the ability to add logic to the assign.

The AD Group Resource Assign is the same functionality of the Advanced Resource Assign however it also adds a list of AD groups for the AAA AD object you selected. This list is populated within the AAA AD object.

As for your scenario if you are using AD and want to import the groups into the APM then you can use the AD Group Resource Assign and then map the groups to the resources. If you just want to manually type in the groups then you can use the Advanced Resource Assign. When the VPE runs the logic will evaluate and build a list of resources for the user on what he matches. Then when you hit the Allow and a webtop is provisioned all resources that match will show up.

If you have a new resource to add then just add a new entry to the Advanced/AD Group Resource Assign and the next time the user logs in you will see the resource provided.

Hope this helps.

-Seth