Forum Discussion

jlb4350
Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus
Jun 01, 2022

Block outbound traffic to country code

Hello, I have an F5 BIG-IP v16. I have several policies that block inbound traffic from country codes. Can anyone explain how to block outbound traffic to countries as well? Like if one of my internal users makes a request to a server in a foreign country that I do not want them communicating with, is there a way to block this outbound request to specific countries? I'm using Local Traffic>Policies.

Thank you for your help!

J

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Yes I wasn't getting any traction on this one, so I started a new one. I had figured some out on my own, so this thread can be closed. Thank you for your help.

• Anyone around who can help with this? It's been a month and a half and no answers...

How about with an iRule? Can someone help out with an iRule that uses a datagroup that contains a list of country codes we wish to block? Let's say I have an outbound wildcard virtual server and I want to block outgoing requests (all traffic) to IRAN from our network. Can someone help me build an iRule for that?

Thank you

• This has to be an easy solution for some of you. Can no one help with this?

• No worries - sometimes things fall off the radar. Glad you are getting traction on the other one. 
    Thanks!