Forum Discussion

aargel
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Apr 24, 2020

BIG-IP Edge Clients unable to ping each other.

I am having an issue where some clients using Windows BIG-IP Edge client are unable to ping each other. For example I am logged into the VPN and I am unable to ping another client connected using the same network access profile. However if I RDP to a machine that is in the office I am able to ping the client successfully. From what I've read there is no client isolation on the F5 when using a lease pool and I should be able to ping any other vpn connected client. The strange thing is that I can ping other clients using the same network access profile without any issues. Has anyone else ran across an issue like this before?

2 Replies

• haven't heard about this specific problem. it isn't as easy as a host firewall or such?

have you tried packetcaptures on the BIG-IP to look at client traffic, i.e. as explained here: https://support.f5.com/csp/article/K32311645

• Hello, Are you using Route Domains? If so there is an issue with NA client communicating across them, "Network access client to client communications on non-Route Domain 0 Route Domains "