Technical Forum
Ask questions. Discover Answers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

IRule Newbie needs help with simple redirection

Hello All,    I have two URLS that will point to the same Virtual Server IP address:   url.mydomain.com  url2.mydomain.com   I want traffic destined url.mydomain.com to go to "pool1" & traffic destined for url2.mydomain.com to go to "pool2".   What's...

Adding webservice to Visual Studio

I saw some posts that people were having trouble adding webreferences. I also am having trouble adding a web reference. I'm using Visual Studio 2005 service pack 1 on Vista.   When I go to https://host/iControl/iControlPortal.cgi   I get the follow...

Simple problem, no solution yet...

We have a simple problem that is causing us a lot of frustration. We are running on BigIp 6400 V9.1.2.   In a nutshell, the problem we need to solve is to persist an HTTP request to a pool member based on a session id GUID that is added to the URI af...

Measure number of SIP sessions

I try to use BigIP1500 LTM with 9.4 version to load balance a couple of SIP servers. I want to control the number of sessions per server but it seems that the software counts every client as one session...even though I generate many from that client....

if, elseif and adding comments within.

I'm trying to write a rule to redirect users based on source IP subnet.  i've come up with the following, but i'd like to be able to add comments to identify each subnet to a name (this could be in a comment field or otherwise) to make it easier to (...

Turning VS off when nodes down

All,    I am having an issue with Virtual servers staying up even when there are no no nodes on the back end up and running. I need to make the VIP address not availible when this event occurs. I currently use an Irule like this but this takes effec...

Mixing HTTP_REQUEST && HTTP_REQUEST_DATA

Hi All,   Looking for some help on this irule.I currently have the following irule:   when HTTP_REQUEST {   set redirectPort [ getfield [HTTP::host] ":" 2]   log local0. "port: $redirectPort"   if { $redirectPort equals "8003" } {   ...

IP Range syntax question

I've got an iRule to send traffic from our office to a specific pool:  when CLIENT_ACCEPTED { if { [IP::addr [IP::client_addr] equals 123.100.45.100/123.100.45.188] } { pool employees-only-https } }   Note: all staff use an address in the ran...

Arie by Altostratus
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Counting number of active transactions of http

Hi,  We want to count the number of current http transaction that is active on one of the pool members. Since we have only one pool with one member we made a simple irule to count the number.  The principle is that we increase a parameter with one ev...

Location of iRules?

Hello everyone   quick question -- where are the iRules stored? Like if I wanted to view the list of them from the command line...are they in their own cfg file? Or stored in the .UCS file?     thanks

What wrong with this irule

Could someone tell me what wrong with code below?   if { NODE:[LB::server]) eq "172.16.1.15"} {   TTP::redirect "http://www.test.com/signon.htm"   }   I got the error:   01070151:3: Rule [new_rule] error:  line 5: [parse error: PARSE syntax ...

Enterprise Manager and SOAP

Does Enterprise Manager have a supported SOAP interface? I can see all the WSDLs but not sure how to specify the device I want to take action on.   Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Evaluating only first HTTP request in HTTP 1.1

I need to evaluate only first request in HTTP 1.1 packet and than select the appropriate pool. When I use HTTP_REQUEST, the rule evaluates every HTTP request it sees in HTTP 1.1 packet and then chooses wrong pool, from the application perspective.  T...

Maintenance page?

So in the v4 version of the BigIP you used to be able to create virt, rule, pool and also a maintenance page if the given pool in the rule was down. This doesn't seem to be an option on the v9.2.4 so far as I can tell so I am hoping that someone can ...

HTTP::cokkie

Hello all,   a short question regarding the HTTP:cookie implementation!  I have done a lot of tests for this topic, but it's seems not to work as I understood!  So my question: I have a LTM with 9.1.1  I tried followed sysntax:    -------------------...

how to create variables?

Hi, I try to convert an Irule for V9 to V4, and I don't know if it is possible to create variables in V4.   set num 100 in V9    How can I do in V4?   thanks in advantage.   Andrés.  

persist based on cookie with URI pools

Howdy, I'm trying to take our working jsessionid iRule and add a twist. We'd like for requests with a .seam URI to go to one pool, while all other requests go to a different pool (the motivation here is to equal out expensive seam requests which tre...

AES custom Key possible?

I would like to know if it is possible for us to fix a static key for AES encryption and decryption? Since we need to interact with our partners and vendors, we need to share a common key, but we would like to leverage the capability of the AES featu...

Apache url rewrite

We currently have a number of complex URL rewriting rules defined on our Apache web server and would like to know, since BigIP is using apache, if it is possible to simply move those rules to the BigIP httpd.conf file or if they will need to be rewri...

irule to "NAT" SIP::uri

Hi all,   Need to perform destination NAT inside UDP/SIP messages  sip:XXX@vip --> sip:XXX@real   I am thinking of using the pseudo-code (being 10.1.2.3 the vip):  when SIP_REQUEST_SEND   set lbsa [LB::server addr] <--this will be the selected re...

Redirect with IE fails but works with Firefox

We have an irule the redirects incoming traffic to the same host but to a different URI. When using IE to load the page, the redirect works but not all of the images load correctly. However when we load the page with Firefox, everything works fine. A...

How do I test to see which node from the pool

We have setup a testpool with 2 nodes  node-1 ip address is 172.16.1.12  node-2 ip address is 172.16.1.14  node-3 ip address is 172.16.1.16   We also setup a virtual server (ip = 172.16.1.5) so  our user can access through the browser that will  red...

SDP::media conn media-index “new value”

Can anyone tell how to use the following syntax in an iRule:   SDP::media conn media-index “new value”   Rewrite SDP media connection info of media media-index    Here's what I'm trying (without success):   when SIP_RESPONSE {   SDP::media conn me...