Technical Forum
Ask questions. Discover Answers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UDP Radius Client - Need Source IP

Hi,     I'm presented with an interesting problem that I'm not sure how to attack.     I'm working with a RADIUS environment (UDP ports 1812,1813)and trying to setup some basic load balancing between multiple RADIUS servers.     We have ev...

Help with PyControl Accessing Enumerations

So, I'm new to iControl. I'm new to SOAP. I'm pretty Python-savvy and network-savvy but I need some help. I have already re-written some of my old SSH modules to make use of iControl instead of SSH for manipulating BigIP LTM configs. However, I n...

LTM and Oracle Backups

So, is anyone else backing up Red Hat Oracle boxes from behind a LTM?     If so what products are you using and did you have any difficulty configuring the boxes?     I'm having some pretty baffeling issues with Commvault, Red Hat and our BigI...

Problem DNS IE8 web applications tunnels

hi,     i have upgrade a firepass failover to 6.0.3, i aslo patched it with the last hotfix 603.2.1 to resolv the problem of incompatibility with IE8 (final version 3/19/2009).     But, i have always the same problem with IE8 With Web applicati...

Receive String problem

Hi,   I'm trying to create a regular monitor that would monitor a website with:   Send String: GET / HTTP/1.0   Receive String: Welcome Page   When I do telnet "IP of the Node" 80, I get text that is including "Welcome Page" string, but the m...

Load balancing gateways

hi guys     I would like to know, is it possible to load balance gateways.     i have two gateways and i would like to manage my virtual servers to choice one or the another gateway for traffic.     thanks you for your response.

combine https_passthrough iRule with redirect?

Hello,   I have implemented the iRule described at http://devcentral.f5.com/wiki/default.aspx/iRules/HTTPS_passthrough_fallback_URL.html.However, we would like to also combine the redirect (to https://mysite.com/login.aspx) so it can be used with a...

HTTP Respond Data replacing ?

Hi     I will rewrite response hostname.   HTTP_Response function well, but HTTP_Respond_Data not.     We have on Request and Respond site HTTPS access   Client is terminated by Big-IP   Also we get HTTPS response it is possible to replacin...

BIGIP 10.0 support issue

I just successfully install the mpack. but when I discover a V10 device, it's failed with following log:     Execute device discovery:Failure   Failure Message: F5Networks.ManagementPack.Discovery.DiscoveryException: Big 3d update from version 10...

Integrating SSL in Big IP and JBoss/Tomcat

Hi,     We are configuring a big ip box (LTN 9.4.5) with a jboss server (4.3.0EAP).     Our big deal now is the ssl configuration.     Follows the workflow:     1. When a connection arrives in the 80 port, I redirect it to JBoss.   2. JB...

f5adduser

Hi,     is there a similar command like f5adduser ? to delete / remove a user?     The user that was created using f5adduser does not show up in the GUI.     thanks,

v10 new Monitor - Inband - not implemented?

in v 10.0.0 F5 introduced a new type of monitor: Inband. It appears that they forgot to add it to iControl.     When listing the monitors on a v10.0.0 box using iControl (LocalLB.Monitor.get_list()) the inband monitor comes up as:     TTYPE_U...

Can an irule be used as a monitor

Can an irule be used as a monitor ?     If so how.     I would like to create a monitor to see if a webservice is available. This will be either a request and a check against a WISDL or a WS regest to do an actual query     Thanks

Rewriting Host, Uri and respond

Hi     We try to write an iRule to rewrite hostname, and uri bevor send it to Server and rewrite back for respond to client.   There are multiple uri,s to rewrite but one hostname.   So that it does not become simple, the blo.server.com is ...

Problems with persistence and JSESSIONID?

I have gone thru the forums and samples and tried different variations of irules to enable persistence with a JSESSIONID cookie. And I can't seem to get it to stick. I've gone thru packet captures and HTTP analyzers and have confirmed that the cookie...

Redirect TCP packet

We are trying to setup TCP profile and TCP health monitor and VS with 2 pool members with manual failover.   Another word, if one pool member fails we want the bigip to reselect another pool member.   Resend or redirect is ok, but we do not want to...