Technical Forum
Ask questions. Discover Answers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

GTM Configuration - not responding to the DNS queries

Hi,     I connected a new GTM to the network and defined wide ip/pools/servers and listeners.The LTM's and GTM are commnicating and i see everything green.     I can resolve the DNS records which are not defined on the GTM which are being fo...

rajesh1 by Nimbostratus
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automatically take server out of service

I am a user of LTM. Our servers are configured in LTM. We have a need of writing something that will help us bring web servers out of service for a given VIP. This will help us in code upgrades, problem reslution etc.     My question is that possi...

HTTP Response Code Generated by idle timeout?

Howdy All, I have a question that is baffling the powers that be over here. We have an application that can't handle the RST to be sent upon reaching the specified idle timeout values. What it can handle, however, is an HTTP response code. Does an...

Cannot Download PDF files with WA

Hi All,   My Web Accelerator blocks the pdf downloading. I confirmed ,if i remove the WA class profile, i can download the same pdf. I can't found where & How WA blocks   the pdf downloading . I am using default Ecommerce policy as my policy

LB decision based on diamater AVP

I've been tasked with creating a VIP that will make it's LB decision based on the Diameter Destination-Host AVP (293). I've got another iRule that I believe I can pull bits from to put this together, but some of the specifics are eluding me. I was ...

stream::expression just won't work

I'm running 9.4.6 and trying the most basic stream replacement possible. I have set the default stream profile on the virtual server and am trying to use an iRule to do a replacement:     when HTTP_RESPONSE {     Disable the stream filter b...

iRule Event => LDAP Auth Success

I've got a Virtual Server with an LDAP profile.     Would you know how to make an iRule that would use the following event :     "login & password sent to the LDAP server are valid"     Stated differently the event is : "authentification to...

VB_95896 by Nimbostratus
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

HTTP::Redirect Question

I am trying to make an iRule that does an HTTP::Redirect as follows:     when HTTP_REQUEST { if { [HTTP::host] equals"subdomain.xxxxx.com"} { HTTP::redirect "http://subdomain.xxxxx.com/parameter?yyyy=ZZ" } }     Does the question...

Question on connection limit

I need a irule on connection limit..Here is the sitution.     I have set the connection limt to 100 on NODE(properties-config-limt-100) in F5.     My requirement:     1) Once node connection limmit reaches to 100. it should serve maintanence...

Physical Memory Installed on Big-IP 1500?

What is the recommended way to see how much physical memory is actually installed on a Big-IP 1500?     I have tried the following and all show different numbers:     1. after i ssh into the box type, "bigpipe memory show"   2. after i ssh i...

serverssl and ssl offloading (http to https)

Hi,   I'm trying to make ssl offloading on HTTP.     Request comes from client via HTTP and on F5 I'm trying to tunel it on HTTPS to the server.   For example client requests: http://www.f5.com and it comes via http to f5, then on F5 I make ssl ...

Syslog include match granularity?

We currently use 2 syslog remote servers and would like to limit the amount of log traffic to our servers. More specifically, we only want to see "Pool member" monitor up/down status messages. I tried using the b syslog include script but it doesn't ...

how to implement session binding

How many ways we can implemement session binding using F5 LTM ?     Java Developer said he wants session binding with JSESSIONID.     1. Do I need to create a IRule to implement session binding ?     2. Can this be achived with cookie persis...

ASM enabled on which Virtual Servers

Is there a quick way to glance and see what Virtual Servers have ASM enabled on them? And possibly on what policies are applied? I know I can do this with a few clicks on each Virtual server but it would be nice to just see the list of all Virtual ...

Scott_R by Nimbostratus
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

automatic file transfer across F5 - is it possible?

We have acquired F5 Firepass 6.0.3 recently and are wondering whether it is possible to have automated file transfer run at regulare intervals across F5 to a server on our internal network. The file transfer can be sftp or scp or anything else. We ju...

WA redirecting to pv_obj_cache

I am new to WA.     we have a URL mormaliZation configured for Groups "Documents".     When we are requesting for a PDF document which contains image embedded into that, I am not getting the response. And it is getting redirected to /pv_obj_ca...

Add google analytics code to payload

Hi all,     I want to add the google analytics code to payload by irules and I have created the following ..     when HTTP_RESPONSE {   set clen [HTTP::header Content-Length]   HTTP::collect $clen   }     when HTTP_REQUEST_DATA {...

NTP authentication in BIG-IP

Hi,     Is there's anyway that NTP authentication can works in BIG-IP software?     I understand that NTP authentication works in Cisco IOS™ software, but not too sure how we can do it in LTMs.     Thanks!   -Rajz

loadbalanced redirection

Howdy,     Wondering if anyone can suggest a solution to a little problem I have. I want traffic coming into an LTM to be redirected to one of two URLs - based on a round robin loadbanace. So :     client sends request to www.domain.com     ...

JAX-RPC vs JAX-WS

I'm not a java programmer, so forgive me for butchering this...     Is there a version of iControl that allows a web service to make a call using JAX-WS (as opposed to JAX-RPC which appears to be depricated based on googling)? Connection attempts ...

XML comment triggers an attack signature

Hello,     Can anyone tell me why a comment in an XML POST is seen as an attack?     The only thing I've found so far is the use of comments to help generating the correct checksum on signed content.       Here is a sample of the troubleso...

"Your Site Is Unavailable" HTTP Response Code

We typically apply an iRule to our VIPs which sends a HTTP::redirect to a friendly "your site is not available" page when the LB_FAILED event is triggered. And I haven't actually verified this but according to the doc, the HTTP::fallback statement an...

Packet reset when call Virtual Server

Hi All,     I found a performance problem when an application call a Virtual Server on my BIPIP 3400.     The problem is some packets will be reset during 3 ways handshake and before load-balancing. Even though some request luckily successfull...