Forum Discussion

Blue_whale
Icon for Cirrocumulus rankCirrocumulus
Jul 24, 2022

Backend nodes goes unreachable from active F5

Hi Team , 

We are facing node reachability issue from Active f5 on evryweeknd (sunday ) but this happens only from the Active F5 and for few VIP/pools only ..

We simply failover the f5 to standby and issue resolves and then failback to standby ..

Has anyone faced such issue ? We have virtual appliance configured on the ESXi host . 

Before opening a TAC case , Can anyone confirm if you have faced similar problem ? 

I did not find anything on the audit logs which indicates some sceduled jobs running at tht time ..What else can be checked ?

6 Replies

Emad
    Icon for Cirrostratus rankCirrostratus

We had a similar issue. It was resolved after disabling Proxy ARP at gateway firewalls. 

Blue_whale

But this happens for only few pool emebers and only on the weekend at 11:00 am CET .

boneyard
      Icon for MVP rankMVP

if it is that predictable you should run a packet capture on the big-ip and one of the servers. you will probably see the traffic stop and arps not being answered. that is what to focus on next, where does it get lost.

Blue_whale

On F5 I am getting reset packet from backend server but I don't think its server who is sending the reset packet ... Because on standby f5 we do have issue .