Forum Discussion

May 14, 2020

Automation with iControl to upload SSL Cert & Key

I'm trying to create a script via powershell to automate and upload .crt and .key files to our BIG IP environment. I know there are ways to do it via powershell, Just need a place to start. Please help.

2 Replies

• Found out what I could use. It is actually pretty helpful for folks using Powershell to leverage REST. Thanks to some old buddies of mine. Hopefully this can help someone else as well.

$bigip = Read-Host "BigIP Name: " #Name you would put inside the Web Browser

#Calculate content-range

$standalonefile = Read-Host "Full Filename Inside: "

$pathtofile = "path for the file" + $standalonefile

$file = [IO.File]::ReadAllBytes($pathtofile)

$enc = [System.Text.Encoding]::GetEncoding("iso-8859-1")

$encodedfile = $enc.GetString($file)

$range = "0-" + ($encodedfile.Length - 1) + "/" + $encodedfile.Length

$headers = @{ "Content-Range" = $range}

#Upload the file

$filename = Read-Host "Enter Name for inside the BigIP Temp Folder: " #This will be the name of the file inside the bigIP Temp Folder

$url = "https://" + $bigip + "/mgmt/shared/file-transfer/uploads/" + $filename

$credentials = Get-Credential

pause

$uploadresult = Invoke-WebRequest $url -Credential $credentials -method Post -Headers $headers -InFile $pathtofile -ContentType "multipart/form-data" -TimeoutSec 20 | ConvertFrom-Json

#Add new certificate

class cert

{

[string]$command

[string]$name

[string]$fromLocalFile

}

$cert = New-Object -TypeName cert

$cert.command = "install"

$cert.name = Read-Host "Enter Name for inside the BigIP Cert Store:" #this is what will show up inside the cert store. in the F5

$cert.fromLocalFile = $uploadresult.localFilePath

$body = $cert | ConvertTo-Json

$url = "https://" + $bigip + "/mgmt/tm/sys/crypto/cert"

$certresult = Invoke-WebRequest $url -Credential $credentials -method Post -Body $body -ContentType "application/json" -Headers $headers2 | ConvertFrom-Json