Forum Discussion

JamesCrk
Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus
Apr 17, 2023
Solved

APM RDP Remote resource cannot be reached

14.1.5.2 with APM

Hi, we have APM confiugred presenting native rdp to users. we have serval hundred users using this on a daily basis without issue, but we now have 3 users who cannot launch the rdp session and get a windows error popup "Remote resource cannot be reached". We know its related to the workstation because that same user can use a different workstation with their same accoutn and it will work.

When I packet cap on the F5 I do not see the trfafic hit the F5, so again 100% a windows issue rather than F5, but wondering if anyone came across this and know a solution? remote desktop works fine for them to other local servers etc, I cannot see anythign in eventviewer that would indicate why its failing, the cert installed on APM is a CA signed valid cert. An activeX rdp icon does work for them, but its difficult to use since it requires a few browser hacks.

Any help would be great

• Found out it was related to registry string: RDGClientTransport

if its not present or set to 0 (which is default) it will work. if its set to 1 or 2 it will fail with that error.

6 Replies

• If you catch the RDP file served from APM does it look right, especially the gateway configuration?

JamesCrk
      Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus

Yes the contents are identical to the rdp file on my machine which works

lnxgeek
        Icon for MVP rankMVP

My next step would be to validate if any packages are leaving the machine with Wireshark.

If that isn't the case I think it must be related to application firewalling (or what it is called on Windows 😀) which stop the traffic from going out.