Forum Discussion

jpowell_46889
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Mar 19, 2007

Any examples of collecting F5 performance data via SNMP

I'm trying to collect performance data for our F5 device via SNMP (CPU,mem,network,etc.). I think I'm good on everything but CPU. I used the method outlined in the Big-IP Network and System Management Guide, but that doesn't seem accurate.

Anyone know of a good way to collect CPU data? This is more for capacity planning than active monitoring.

Thanks in advance

Jim

3 Replies

• Not sure about SNMP, but you can get the cpu usage information from the iControl System.SystemInfo.get_cpu_usage_information() method.

-Joe
  • I just upgraded to SOAP::Lite 0.66 and it turns out the SOAP::Lite folks have deprecated the "uri" subroutine (which was in the past the way to specify which namespace to use with the soap calls).

Here's some info on the change:

http://www.soaplite.com/2005/04/tturitt_and_ttu.html

Click here

If you don't like the noise from the deprecation error message, you can fix it by changing the "uri" subroutine to "ns".

Old:

$soap = SOAP::Lite
    -> uri('urn:iControl:System/SystemInfo')
    -> proxy("$sProtocol://$sHost:$sPort/iControl/iControlPortal.cgi");

New:

$soap = SOAP::Lite
    -> ns('urn:iControl:System/SystemInfo')
    -> proxy("$sProtocol://$sHost:$sPort/iControl/iControlPortal.cgi");

Thing is, I'm not sure how I'm going to chnge the scripts in the SDK to account for older versions of SOAP::Lite. I'll have to think about that one...

Thanks for the heads up!!!

-Joe
    Puli
    Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
    Hi,

i installed Crypt::SSLeay in a non-default location and i still get 500 error.

Do u know whats causing it.