Working with One of Top Ten Women in the Cloud

Our colleague, Lori MacVittie, has been honored with the CloudNOW Top Ten Women in Cloud Award for her contributions, accomplishments, and thought leadership.  Now you might think it would be cool working with such a cloud know-it-all: she writes the best blogs/articles, she corrects you when you’re mistaken, she knows network/infrastructure/security/applications inside out, she’s not too fond of Mondays, she’s gluten-free, has a wicked sense of humor and she’s fairly feisty.  Yeah, it’s fun.

I first met Lori a few years back when she started at F5 and joined the Technical Marketing Team.  Prior to F5, Lori was an award-winning Senior Technology Editor at Network Computing Magazine.  She conducted product research and evaluations focusing on the integration between application and network architectures.  She has extensive programming experience as an application architect, as well as network and systems development and administration expertise.  While many of us on the Technical Marketing Team have real world technical experience within our areas of focus, Lori crosses all disciplines.  She has an amazing grasp of everything application delivery.  But she does not gloat about it or make you feel silly if you didn’t know something.  She has a way of teaching while correcting. 

Lori has been actively involved in the cloud community, participating in a variety of both active and now- defunct standards working groups.  She has been a prolific voice on the topic through a variety of publications and her blog on F5’s DevCentral, which is syndicated throughout the cloud community. Additionally, Lori has been recognized as one of the 50 top bloggers on Cloud Computing and one of the ten most powerful voices in Cloud Security by SYS-CON Media.  “It is an honor to be recognized by CloudNOW with this award,” she said. “It is extremely gratifying to be recognized by an organization whose mission I respect and support.”

Not only has Lori been recognized by the industry, but it's also awesome to work with her and F5 is better for having her influence across the market.  We’re proud of her accomplishments and honored to be working alongside such a knowledgeable person.  [Collective ‘awwwwwwwww’]  Not to mention that I know having her name so many times in this blog will be good SEO!

Here is an interview I did with Lori a couple years back at Cloud Connect: Interview with Lori MacVittie at Cloud Connect

So, how do we build a cloud again, Lor?

ps

Technorati Tags: video, F5, cloudnow, Cloud Computing, Lori MacVittie, social media, application delivery

Published Feb 17, 2012
Version 1.0

Was this article helpful?

No CommentsBe the first to comment