Forum Discussion

Shun_Ishikawa
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Oct 24, 2023
Solved

Vulnerability CVE-2023-45648 in ApacheTomcat

Hello community members!

I am currently looking into the BIG-IP vulnerability, but I could not determine if only CVE-2023-45648 is affected or unaffected by the investigation.

If anyone knows how to investigate or where to escalate, please let me know.

Thank you!

• Shun_Ishikawa Typically when you open look at the F5 site for the CVE in question it will tell you if they are or are not vulnerable and which code versions are vulnerable to it. Your best bet to know what your device could be vulnerable to and possible remediations would be to create a QKVIEW, upload that QKVIEW to iHealth, and then see what they say. I'm not saying it couldn't happen but I have never had an instance where iHealth did not show you the most updated information on vulnerabilities for the code version that you're running.

2 Replies

• Shun_Ishikawa Typically when you open look at the F5 site for the CVE in question it will tell you if they are or are not vulnerable and which code versions are vulnerable to it. Your best bet to know what your device could be vulnerable to and possible remediations would be to create a QKVIEW, upload that QKVIEW to iHealth, and then see what they say. I'm not saying it couldn't happen but I have never had an instance where iHealth did not show you the most updated information on vulnerabilities for the code version that you're running.

Shun_Ishikawa
      Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus

Hi   Paulius,

Thanks for all the helpful information!
      You have helped me solve the problem.

Many thanks.