Forum Discussion

Ireda
Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus
Jul 17, 2023
Solved

Upgrade APM edge client

Dears,

we need to upgrade the APM edge client from version 7230 to 7242.

Does Installing it disturb the VPN Services? Is it required to reboot the appliance? or any other thing to know maybe interrupt our services?

Also, after importing and installing the edge client, is we need any additional changes in the connectivity profile or others?

• Hi Ireda always a good idea to do things in a maintenance window just in case, but i've never had an issue with APM service while updating the client version. Obviously the service will not be working and an end-user device while the edge client is updated on that device.

• Hi,
    It doesn't effect any running VPN's, it only effects new connections. When a user connects and it has the old version of the client, the new version will be installed.
    Make sure you have that option enabled (install client) on the connectivity profile.

Cheers,
    Kees

5 Replies

• Thanks for the support, APM edge client update successfully.

• thanks for reporting back, please flag the question as answered then.

Leslie_Hubertus
        Ret. Employee

I marked the two pieces of advice as Accepted Solutions to make the answer easy to find in the future. 🙂

• Hi Ireda always a good idea to do things in a maintenance window just in case, but i've never had an issue with APM service while updating the client version. Obviously the service will not be working and an end-user device while the edge client is updated on that device.

• Hi,
    It doesn't effect any running VPN's, it only effects new connections. When a user connects and it has the old version of the client, the new version will be installed.
    Make sure you have that option enabled (install client) on the connectivity profile.

Cheers,
    Kees