Forum Discussion

rld_178240
Icon for Altostratus rankAltostratus
Nov 25, 2014
Solved

Slow application performance when using BIG-IP LTM VE for load balancing.

The Question   Is there some limitation on the BIG-IP F5 LTM that prevents it from being able to support a large user load and/or are there any configurations that could specifically interfere wit...
    Feb 19, 2016

The overall answer to this question is, yes there is a limitation... but it depends on the license type purchased. The license I had available to me had a 10 Mbps limitation on it, rendering it useless for load testing scenarios. This information in the assorted comment threads.

The following references on F5 were helpful, but ultimately, I would have liked to find a SOL that explicitly calls out this limitation, as it feels somewhat masked (it may not be, when talking to account teams from F5, but unfortunately I came into this post-purchase.) It is not listed in the licensing information when running tmsh show /sys license.

Thank you again to WLB for all of the help. It was WLB's guidance that helped me find the answer to this question. I am just posting the direct answer so that the thread can be closed.