Forum Discussion

pietrucha92
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Oct 09, 2024

R2600 device and tenant/partition configuration

Hello,
I'm working with configuration on r2600 where is one tenant with multiple vlans.
On tenant perspective I want to add each vlan to specific partition.

How to do this in correct way for rSeries?
There is a bug http://cdn.f5.com/product/bugtracker/ID1231889.html
which says that all vlans need to be in Common partition.

On vCMP or bare metal there was an option to create vlan in partition, add it to route domain and then configure all other things (IP, routes, etc).

So - what is proper way?
Where can I find F5 document?

• Hi pietrucha92 ,

First and foremost, welcome to the DevCentral Community! It's great that you found us and wants answers to your questions. Fret not, the community will reach out to you to answer your question. 

Right now, I've found a technical document from F5 related to your query. You can read more here. 

Network Settings -> VLAN

Let me know if this helps at all!

pietrucha92
      Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus

Thanks! 
      I'm glad to be with DevCentral community :)

About your answer: attached link describe F5OS part which is super clear for me. 
      Problem is related to very specific case where we use r2600 device with TMOS tenant which have configured few partitions and each partition its own vlan.
      In attached BugID there is an info: Partitions other than the Common partition cannot have VLANs
      For me is something new because in vCMP or on baremetal appliances I could create vlan in any partition I want.
      So main question is: how to prepare vlan config for partition?

1. As always: create rd, create partition, create vlan in partition? (/partition/vlan)
      2. Based on BugID: create rd, create partition, add /common/vlan to /common/rd and do not create vlan object in /partition? 

I have opened a case and waiting for ground explaining but maybe other member hitted same issue and have good solution for that.