Forum Discussion

Tom_McKeown_928
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Oct 04, 2010

Not Initialized error.

I run the test client and provide the id, password and hope to get a list of members but only get "Not Initialized" ??????? There is no help at all on this.
  • Ok, got it. The test client defaulted the port to 8080. Ours was running on a different port.
  • I am getting the same "Not Initialized" error. I have the login credentials for BigIp's web console. I am using the same uname/pwd for initializing iControl but it fails to connect. Any help on debugging what's wrong....
  • I'm seeing the same error. I have F5's that are running using a self-signed cert so the connection would be to an SSL. I guess that's the root issue, but i'm not seeing where i have any control to specify anything except the port.

Any insight from anyone successfully using this control to connect to an SSL'ed F5 would be appreciated.
  • Ok, bagged myself. Am able to get data, i was getting an error telling me that the application couldn't step into the "server" and that the F5 device might not exist or might be behind a FW... however it does exist, it was not behind a FW, and despite the error message on the debug step-through i was indeed getting data.

for my next step though i'm looking for connection info on a LB Pool members and while i can find the spot where it should be... the values for iControl.CommonStatisticType.STATISTIC_SERVER_SIDE_TOTAL_CONNECTIONS are all zero's for each member of the pool.
  • I ran into this a few times, though mine was a stupid mistake. I was querying the standby unit by accident. Are all of your stats showing as zero?
  • oh yes, i did the same.. just never came back to finish out my post. That was indeed what i was doing, I was going to the xxx01 node, but it had been failed over to the xxx02 node and i didn't know it.

Thanks for the reply though. This control has been great, i've setup a windows service that pulls the counters and LTMs that i want data from off of a SQL DB then connects and pulls the targeted info from the targeted LTMs on a regular basis putting the data back into a set of tables on SQL that also house similar types of system data from several hundred app servers. I'm finally able to cross correlate this info from one central DB.