Forum Discussion

Ireda
Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus
Sep 11, 2023
Solved

LTM Certificate expire

Hello

My LTM certificate will expire, How can I renew it without repeating it again?

If I take ASM, GTM or APM will renew it!

• Purely to renew the LTM exam, you can take the 301b (Troubleshooting) exam - that should renew your 301 and 201. Taking the DNS, ASM or APM, will NOT renew the LTM. The reasoning behind it, is that the modules are too different from eachother to warrant the renewal (which is quite annoying, but I tend to agree with). 

Alternatively, if you pass your DNS exam as well, you can go for the Cloud Architect (402) exam, which will automatically renew the 301 and 302. 

In my case, I renew my 401 one year, and the 402 the other, keeping all my 30X exams up-to-date. 

Hope this helps. 

• Thank you for answering, it surely helps me.

4 Replies

• Hi Ireda,

The renewal of a certificate is a security process that has to be executed to avoid man in the middle or other common attacks regards certificates, if your F5 is local and you want to keep the same certificate for many years, you can renew the certificate internally for 10 or more years, probably in 10 years you have changed your F5 devices.

To renew a certificate go to 

System ›› Certificate Management : Device Certificate Management : Device Certificate

click in Renew and for Lifetime ser 3650.

Hope it works 

Ireda
      Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus

Thanks for your reply, but i mean F5 exam certification, not F5 certificate

AlexBCT
        Icon for Cumulonimbus rankCumulonimbus

Purely to renew the LTM exam, you can take the 301b (Troubleshooting) exam - that should renew your 301 and 201. Taking the DNS, ASM or APM, will NOT renew the LTM. The reasoning behind it, is that the modules are too different from eachother to warrant the renewal (which is quite annoying, but I tend to agree with). 

Alternatively, if you pass your DNS exam as well, you can go for the Cloud Architect (402) exam, which will automatically renew the 301 and 302. 

In my case, I renew my 401 one year, and the 402 the other, keeping all my 30X exams up-to-date. 

Hope this helps.