Forum Discussion

Jun 09, 2016
Solved

Knowing the originating request

I am unsure as to how I can correctly phrase this question, so bear with me here.   The way my current application works is as follows.   When a user hits a webpage, www.mydomian.com , it hits...
    Jun 09, 2016

"...The trick here is that the user is never accessing a url when they click logout..."

So, you have some JS stuff that is running I guess. There are some options:

• Can you call an ajax request here (onclick, etc) to push the logout request to APM?
    • You can delete the user's session cookie with JS. But it must not be HTTPONLY in that case. And if you can't inform the APM that the session is deleted, then you have an idle session sticking around until the idle timeout.
    • You can delete the APM session in irules if you want, but you have to simultaneously issue a set-cookie header to the client (or do it with JS) in order to delete the client's cookie, or it will try to access the APM with a bad session ID.

Your header idea is a little bit unconventional, but could work. How are you getting the client to add headers to its request or is it the server's response?