Forum Discussion

Wasfi_182818
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jun 06, 2016
Solved

If I set the learning mode of Parameters to "learn all entities". Does the ASM adjust the maximum value of a parameter

If I set the learning mode of Parameters to "learn all entities". Does the ASM automatically adjust the maximum value of parameters when the Automatic policy building is on. i.e. for a username parameter user1 has a max value of its username of 10 characters so the max value of username is 10 characters but as user2 comes in, his username parameter value is 20, does the automatic policy builder modify the username max value to 20 characters automatically "of course considering that the loosening thresholds are met"?

• Hi,

The learn all entities allow ASM to learn every parameters that match the initial wildcard. When Policy builder is activated, it will adjust parameter value length according to the traffic based on the settings configured on Policy building (automatic policy building settings).

4 Replies

• Hi,

The learn all entities allow ASM to learn every parameters that match the initial wildcard. When Policy builder is activated, it will adjust parameter value length according to the traffic based on the settings configured on Policy building (automatic policy building settings).

• Hi,