Forum Discussion

AmrKabary_33178
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Mar 25, 2018

F5 LTM and simple centos voice server

i want to load balance 2 centos web servers created pool , pol members with port 5060 created udp profile choose udp for virtual server selected snat automap / in another time created a snat pool

connected ip phone to the ip of the virtual server the ip phone registered succesfully but when the first back end server is down or forced down / the phone doesnt register to the second identical one it is stuck on the first

4 Replies

• Sure, i created a pool named voice-pool with port 5060 and added 2 pool members with ip 192.168.1.58 192.168.1.59 with 5060 port , and health monitor is sip as i remember , i also tried icmp and udp later

the default health monitor for the nodes was icmp

created a virtual server named voice-vserver with ip 192.168.1.140 , selected udp profile for the client and server , applied SNAT automap (also tried snat pool) , didnt add persistence profile in this setup , but tried it later

when configured the phone to register to 192.168.1.140 the phone did register to the first server with no problem , and it showed int he statistics ob F5 LTM

but when i shut down the first server , the phone doesnt register to the vserver ip (192.168.1.140) but could register to the ip of the 2nd server (192.168.1.59)

• Would you mind sharing your setup. When a pool member goes down, the traffic will be load balanced to the available member.