Forum Discussion

vetory
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Sep 16, 2024

F5 Application common issues

We are facing continues issues in vip and for improving service I am preparing an KB article's for reference purpose. Please help me to get the common issues you are facing in your area .

Vetory

• If you need the same for documention please use the points. 

This s most common lTM issues

1. Misconfigured Pools: Incorrect pool member addresses or health monitors can lead to service interruptions.
    2. Incorrect Load Balancing Algorithms: Choosing inappropriate load balancing methods might cause uneven distribution of traffic.
    3. Health Check Failures: If health monitors are not configured correctly, they may incorrectly mark healthy servers as down.
    4. Firewall Rules: Improperly configured firewall rules might block traffic to or from the VIP.
    5. SSL/TLS Issues: Problems with SSL certificates or encryption settings can cause issues with secure connections.
    6. DNS Resolution Problems: VIPs might not resolve correctly if there are DNS issues or misconfigurations.
    7. Routing Problems: Network routing issues can prevent proper delivery of traffic to the VIP.
    8. Configuration Errors: Simple configuration mistakes, such as typos or incorrect settings, can lead to functionality issues.
    9. Resource Exhaustion: High traffic loads or resource limits can affect VIP performance or availability.

If you face any issues in this you can troubleshoot as I mentioned like in above reply.

Br

Aswin

vetory
      Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus

Could you please help me to get article details?

• Hello

For creating KB, you can use F5 article session in F5 page. For example go through below link and you will receive details about it. Like that you can check each F5 vip issues and find resolution steps

https://my.f5.com/manage/s/article/K34607084

Other common issues you can choose below steps

1. Check vip/server status
    2. Take pcap file of front and backend traffic
    3. Need to escalate to F5 , please take a qkview file and upload to F5 support 
    4. Also you can check connection table to find vip connections

https://my.f5.com/manage/s/article/K53851362