Forum Discussion

Sep 30, 2024

Dev Setup Help

Hi,

I'm looking for advice on setting up an F5 client to help debug a javascript error on a VPN client.

I don't have V-Sphere, but I was able to convert the .OVA BIG-IP Next Central Manger to a .vhdx and run on Hyper-V manager.

I'm able to log into the VM and run the setup.  I used all the default and the IP address on the VM for the hostname.  This allows me to login to the UI and start the bootstrap process which fails and additional attempts return 500 error from the server.

Is this something that I should be able to get working?
Where can I view the server logs?

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Best regards,
Jonathan

• I don't think hyper-V is a supported hypervisor for Next, and maybe there is some trouble because of that.

For the Next Central Manager VM, make sure you only have ONE network interface assigned so that the Kubernetes cluster networking can set up in the normal way. You may also try to have an available DHCP server or not, this may impact the setup behavior. Try both with and without one if you can.

You can also get on the command line and run standard Kubernetes cluster troubleshooting commands, logs, etc:

https://kubernetes.io/docs/tasks/debug/debug-cluster/

Also make sure you have lots of RAM and a large disk assigned (~100GB) 

You might try to use the QCOW2 image and run it on KVM, which is an open-source hypervisor and IS supported for Next.