Forum Discussion

zandar_304392
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Jul 06, 2017

"Changes Pending" status

Hello Everyone,

is is happening quiete often (I couldn't find any pattern) that I log into F5 GUI (or CLI) and I can see the status of the device as "Changes pending" status. When I research the

audit
logs I can see that the status is caused by:

notice mcpd[5880]: 01070417:5: AUDIT - client Unknown, user root - transaction 5400605-2 - object 0 - create_if { asm_device_sync { asm_device_sync_device_name "/Common/HA-SYNC_asm_sync/abesprarc-f5se-vub-dmz-test.netiss.intesabci.net" asm_device_sync_timestamp 1498645881 } } [Status=Command OK]

I was trying to research what it means, but without luck. I'm sure nobody did any change that particular time.

My question: what is going on over here?

Y

9 Replies

• Hi Zandar,

From logs , it seems you are using ASM module. Did you configured synchronization for ASM ?

security > options > application security > synchronization

zandar_304392

Hi nag zzz,

Thank you for your answer. We are using

Config Sync: Manual
      . I believe this means by any change of security policy we need to perform Config Sync from active (current online) device to standby. This is exactly what we are doing.

But the problem is we can see the "Changes pending" even nobody performed any action.

Or it is my udnerstanding of "configuration sync" wrong?

Y

• Hi Zandar,

I could see there is a cron jobs run every one hour /etc/cron.hourly/send_sync.pl which is saving ASM config including exporting mysql database of PLC. you can check the logs under /var/ts/log/clustering.log. Since, configuration is saved , it's trying to sync with it's peer.

zandar_304392

Hi nag zzz,

indeed I can find the given script in

/etc/cron.hourly/send_sync.pl
      . Hovewer I don't know why it saving automaticaly when the method is set for manual? And also when it saving automaticaly why it always left changes pending?

Unfortunately I there is no such file

/var/ts/log/clustering.log
      in my system (
      /var/ts/log/clustering.log: cannot open '/var/ts/log/clustering.log' (No such file or directory)
      )

Y