Forum Discussion

ElvisS
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Feb 12, 2024

BIGIP_USER Ansible with CSV

I've been having an issue with the F5 bigip_user module and the read_csv module together.

I want to feed a list of users to the playbook that calls the bigip_user module and iterate through it to update our BIG-IP's. Everything works great except when shell=bash from the CSV. If I statically set the value to bash, the playbook runs successfully. If I set the shell to none or tmsh in the CSV the playbook finishes successfully. If I change shell=bash in the CSV, that entry fails. I've attached a screenshot of the playbook. I'm running this from CentOS 8. I'd appreciate any suggestions on what I might be missing. Thanks!

ansible [core 2.16.3]
  config file = /etc/ansible/ansible.cfg
  configured module search path = ['/root/.ansible/plugins/modules', '/usr/share/ansible/plugins/modules']
  ansible python module location = /root/.local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/ansible
  ansible collection location = /root/.ansible/collections:/usr/share/ansible/collections
  executable location = /bin/ansible
  python version = 3.11.5 (main, Jan 12 2024, 23:13:15) [GCC 8.5.0 20210514 (Red Hat 8.5.0-21)] (/usr/bin/python3.11)
  jinja version = 3.1.3
  libyaml = True

• Make sure the user has admin role, otherwise trying to use the advanced shell (bash) will not work.

ElvisS
      Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus

Thank you! For sure. The user that is being used to access the bigip via Ansible has the admin role.

• Do you also have the user set to use 'advanced shell'? https://my.f5.com/manage/s/article/K89001433