Forum Discussion

Serzant84
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Oct 30, 2023

Big-IQ remote authentication doesn't work

Hello,

I'm not able to make remote authentication over LDAP work on Big-IQ. It works perfectly well (same accounts and LDAP servers used) on Big-IP. Please see troubleshooting results down below. It looks like there are some issues with user bind template. I was trying to follow suggestions presented in following case: https://community.f5.com/t5/technical-forum/big-iq-ldap-user-bind-template/td-p/222711 , but it didn't help to resolve the issue. Kindly asking you for any advice.

Big-IP remote authentication over GUI (pcap)Big-IQ remote authentication GUI configurationBig-IQ remote authentication over GUI (pcap)Big-IQ ldapsearch parametersBig-IQ authentication using ldapsearch (pcap)Big-IQ remote authentication troubleshooting (tcpdump)

1 Reply

• Have you tried ldapsearch on both BIG-IP and BIG-IQ to test bind admin user to access the directory? Then you should try a user lookup on both as well. I would try those tests via advanced shell on both device types and compare any differences. You can also look at the config files and compare the admin auth and server settings. Sometimes there is a typo or something missing.