Forum Discussion

Gilles_Archer_3
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Apr 14, 2016

APM: How to preserve Citrix Web Interface preferences?

APM 11.5.1 w/ HF7 Citrix Web Interface 5.2.0 Citrix XenApp 5.0 in Direct Mode Citrix XenDesktop N/A

One Webtop that contains OWA, Sharepoint, and Citrix Web Interface. All three are defined via 'portal access'.

APM in DMZ has access to all of the internal resources via the firewall (443,1494,2598).

The only user complaint is that the Citrix Web Interface preferences are not preserved for subsequent log ons. Some users prefer a full screen desktop, others prefer 50%. Some prefer 16-bit color. Rightly so, they find it cumbersome to have to set these settings every time they access the web interface.

Apparently this wasn't an issue when Citrix was fronted via the CAG.

Is there an iRule or setting that can be used to ensure that Citrix preferences (cookie?) is preserved between logon attempts?

Thanks

2 Replies

• Hello,

This is maybe due to the portal access. You can try creating a VS to directly publish the Web Interface and protect it using the same access profile. Your access profile should switch to Multi-domain SSO and the portal access should be replaced by a webtop link that point to the new VS.

This is the scenario I use when I suspect issues with portal access. Mostly due to javascript rewriting.

• The ideal end solution is to remove the web interface and utilize the broker and publish the citrix applications directly onto the user webtop. That's another phase. For today, I just need a solution to preserve the user preferences.