Forum Discussion

drew_23351
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Apr 20, 2011

4G LTE & Firepass

I was wondering if anyone else was having an issue with the new Verizon 4G LTE cards and Firepass. With our system, the 4G cards that are being given out have a 10.0.0.0/8 IP address and are being put behind a hide NAT by Verizon. When the client connects the routing table isn't being updated to pass 10. addresses through the VPN and instead routes out the Verizon side. The only work around I've found so far is to disable local subnet access, but that kills access to local shares and printers that the user might need when not using a 4G card. I placed a call into Verizon Tech support and received the answer of "Verizon does not support the use of our 4G LTE cards with any VPN solution".

Would anyone else have any suggestions?

• Posted By drew on 04/20/2011 10:03 AM

I was wondering if anyone else was having an issue with the new Verizon 4G LTE cards and Firepass. With our system, the 4G cards that are being given out have a 10.0.0.0/8 IP address and are being put behind a hide NAT by Verizon. When the client connects the routing table isn't being updated to pass 10. addresses through the VPN and instead routes out the Verizon side. The only work around I've found so far is to disable local subnet access, but that kills access to local shares and printers that the user might need when not using a 4G card. I placed a call into Verizon Tech support and received the answer of "Verizon does not support the use of our 4G LTE cards with any VPN solution".

Would anyone else have any suggestions?

Nope, no answer from Verizon. We disabled access to the local subnet and all is well. It sucks don't it?
  • I received word that they are doing a code update sometime in early July. They said it will fix the issue but I don't have my hopes up.
  • Thanks for the update!

Our cards were supposed to come in with external 166 addresses instead of the 10. I received word from the CIO that the change is supposed to happen some time in July, so either way I guess I'll be set.