Forum Discussion

Okasaki_354206
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Apr 03, 2018

What does: "OCSP Auth agent: Failure status 'Failed to initialize OCSP Auth Module'" mean and how can I fix it?

Hey everyone,

I'm using an access policy to check on a certificate that a client should offer when browsing to the Virtual Server, it's working with a small flaw. The flow for my access policy is:

Client Cert Inspection -> OCSP Auth -> (fallback) -> CRLDP Auth

So when OCSP is not available it should try the CRLDP and then Deny or Allow based on that. It's working great except when I check the logs it always skips OCSP, goes to CRLDP and then validates the certificate.

I get the following log messages (read from bottom to top):

Following rule 'fallback' from item 'OCSP Auth' to item 'CRLDP Auth'

Executed agent '/Common/oscp_eid_access_profile_act_ocsp_auth_ag', return value 0

OCSP agent: LEAVE Function executeInstance

OCSP Auth agent: Failure status 'Failed to initialize OCSP Auth Module'

OCSP Auth agent: Failure status 'Failed to initialize OCSP Auth Module'

OCSP agent: ENTER Function executeInstance

Following rule 'Successful' from item 'Client Cert Inspection' to item 'OCSP Auth'

Whats the most likely cause of this error? I've tried switching numerous things up, like stating the URL in the OCSP Responder, trying different certificates, remaking the OCSP Responder, .. All to no avail, any hints or tricks? When googling this issue I came upon this question but the things in there didn't help or work in my case.

Kind Regards

No RepliesBe the first to reply