Forum Discussion

abi1980_184094
Icon for Nimbostratus rankNimbostratus
Sep 01, 2016

webmail issue when using chrome

Hello All

Am facing a weired issue not sure if its related to BIGIP . We have few exchange servers hosted behind LTM

Now recently we have are getting issues . People who use Chrome and login from Internet are getting protocol error when they type the username and password on the login page , however this doesnot happen with IE users and it works fine for them . Lan users are able to work on IE and Chrome without any issues . the only problem is with users connecting from Intenet who use Chrome .

Please help here

Abi

6 Replies

• Hello Abi,

Could you please provide more details such as:

Virtual Server and profiles Configuration, also a print of HTTP Request and Response Header?

abi1980_184094

Misa

Can you provide me the syntax to get the HTTP request and response header

Misa_222415
      Icon for Cirrus rankCirrus

Abi, sorry for the delay.

You could check all the HTTP Headers by saving a tcpdump at web-server and analyze it in Wireshark or similar packet capture analyzer app.

When you got the capture take a look at "User-Agent" Field.

Also, perform a capture at your firewall in order to know if there is something blocking the User-Agent Header.

boneyard
      Icon for MVP rankMVP

also you could already provide the rest of the info, virtual server(s), do you do anything special for clients on either side.

can you also explain the situation with NATing again. the issue went away when disabling NAT, but why do you do NAT if it isn't needed? does the firewall perhaps do some SSL inspection / offloading?

• Please check internal & external Chrome version & capture wireshark. I guess cipher need to change.

abi1980_184094

sameer

Chrome version is the same for Internal and external . When i removed the natting on FW for external users it worked fine when i source nat external IP address it gives problems