Forum Discussion

Nov 09, 2022
Solved

Web Scraping Feature

I am wondering if "Web Scraping" Feature still available to configure or not. 
- I know it was available under ( Security >>> Application security >>> Anomaly Detection >>> web scraping). 
I am taking about Releases versions V14 and V15 as well. 

Thanks

Daniel_Wolf
    Nov 10, 2022

True, the available configuration options have changed. And what was Web Scraping till 14.0 is now Bot Defense, where Web Scraping exists as a sub-feature called Web Scraping to prevent any attempts to collect application content.

It is also stated in K42323285: "The Bot Defense profile replaces and includes  the original functionality of the DoS profile bot signatures and proactive bot defense, as well as Web Scraping."

5 Replies

• Hi Daniel_Wolf , 

Thanks for your fast response , but I think it is not configured such as old version any more , I mean that all of below intevals do not exist in V14.1 : 
      and it has been reduced in V14.1 with Bot Defense with simple configuration through " Microservice " Feature when creating a Bot Profile. 

Daniel_Wolf
        Icon for MVP rankMVP

True, the available configuration options have changed. And what was Web Scraping till 14.0 is now Bot Defense, where Web Scraping exists as a sub-feature called Web Scraping to prevent any attempts to collect application content.

It is also stated in K42323285: "The Bot Defense profile replaces and includes  the original functionality of the DoS profile bot signatures and proactive bot defense, as well as Web Scraping."