Forum Discussion

May 28, 2023

We want to allow specific IPs to access a link on my web application and block other

Hi Everyone.

We want to allow specific IPs to access a link on my web application and block other IPs. Is there a way to do this in F5 ASM?

Thank you for your feedback.

4 Replies

• Hi, 

You should be able to do it via the IP address exceptions if you really want to, but you'll probably find that this will be much easier (and better) using an iRule (such as this one from Kevin; https://community.f5.com/t5/technical-forum/irule-for-ip-whitelist-on-specific-url/td-p/213513) or using a Local Traffic Policy. 

Although ASM can track and block IP's, in general it is not geared towards filtering based on IP's. Any particular reason why you want to do it via there? 

Amr_Ali
      Icon for MVP rankMVP

Thanks, Alex , yes our customer needs some specific IP that can reach and open the admin page for their applications

AlexBCT
        Icon for Cumulonimbus rankCumulonimbus

In that case I would indeed go for a Local Traffic Policy - it will be easy to manage and if you use a DataGroup for the IP's, easy to update as well. 

• Amr_Ali - If your post was solved it would be helpful to the community to select *Accept As Solution*.
    This helps future readers find answers more quickly and confirms the efforts of those who helped.
    Thanks for being part of our community.
    Lief