Forum Discussion

suthomas1
Icon for Cirrostratus rankCirrostratus
Sep 29, 2022
Solved

Virtual server in application security policy

Good day all,

I had the following queries about security policy within ASM.

1) How do i move an existing Virtual server from an existing security policy to a different one? I have checked the GUI but can't find an option .

2) Our ASM shows blocked requests only but i also want to be able to view allowed requests for each policy. How do i get this done?

Appreciate all help on these ones please, thank you.

• 1) How do i move an existing Virtual server from an existing security policy to a different one? I have checked the GUI but can't find an option .

You can change ams policy from virtual server itself. Go to Click on Virtual server --> go to Security TAB -- > then search Application Security Policy --> choose correct ASM policy.

2) Our ASM shows blocked requests only but i also want to be able to view allowed requests for each policy. How do i get this done?

In order to get allowed and block request you need to apply log policy in VIP, which will log all the traffic depend on config it. Meanwhile you can check the ASM policy settings.

Go to Security --> Application Security --> Policy Building --> Learning and Blocking Settings

Hope it will help you.

2 Replies

• 1) How do i move an existing Virtual server from an existing security policy to a different one? I have checked the GUI but can't find an option .

You can change ams policy from virtual server itself. Go to Click on Virtual server --> go to Security TAB -- > then search Application Security Policy --> choose correct ASM policy.

In order to get allowed and block request you need to apply log policy in VIP, which will log all the traffic depend on config it. Meanwhile you can check the ASM policy settings.

Go to Security --> Application Security --> Policy Building --> Learning and Blocking Settings

Hope it will help you.